- * Increased productivity with less operator intervention
- * Extended tool life
- * Lower machining temperatures
- * Reduced risk of built-up edge
- * Suitable for difficult-to-chip materials including aluminum, brass, stainless steel, copper, plastic, etc.
- * Can be used in conjunction with FANUC’s canned cycles
- * Can be used on any linear axis
- * Can be used for profile turning (with tool nose radius compensation)
- * Can easily be added to any program with two additional lines of code
- * Can be retrofitted (machine model and CNC control dependent)
HFT MACHINING GEOMETRIES:
Star’s HFT software is suitable for a wide range of machining techniques including:
Z-axis: Turning & ID Hole Making Cycles: HFT can be used for any rough or finish turning operation in the Z+ or Z- direction. HFT can also be used on both the main and subspindles simultaneously.
X-axis: Facing, Grooving, Cut-off & Cross Hole Making Cycles: HFT can be used to control chip breakage during facing, grooving and parting off operations. HFT cutting parameters can also be changed “on-the-fly” to control the chips at any diameter.
Y-axis: Milling & Slotting: HFT can be used in the Y axis on the main spindle or sub-spindle, the software also works in conjunction with any Fanuc hole making cycle.
Taper: HFT can be used on any tool path, for profiles that include tapers and chamfers, either the X or Z axis can be specified as the master “HFT” axis.
Radius: HFT can be used on any tool path, for profiles that include arcs the software interrupts both axes to break-up the chips.
Drilling: HFT can be used in conjunction with any hole making cycle including peck drilling (full retract) or hi-speed peck drilling.